Skip Main Navigation
TEST SITE This site is not our production site. It is for testing purposes only. The information might be outdated, incorrect, or formatted improperly as we...
Skip to Content

Barking Dogs

It is unlawful for an owner or custodian of an animal to allow that animal to create a disturbance by loud, persistent, or habitual barking, howling, yelping or other unreasonable noise.

Options for Resolution

  • Try talking. We encourage you to contact your neighbor and try to work it out on the neighborhood level first before filing a complaint. Although this is not required, it can be an effective way of resolving the issue and opening up direct communication with your neighbor.
  • Request a letter. If speaking to them directly is not an option, you may request a form letter, provided by Arvada Animal Management, which you can send to the owner

How Can I File a Complaint?

To file a barking dog complaint you must provide:

  • An exact location of where the dog lives.
  • A description of the animal.
  • Dates and timeframes the dog barks.  
  • Your name, address and phone number.

 Submit a Barking Dog Complaint



What Happens when a Complaint is Filed?

When Animal Management receives a complaint of a barking dog:

  • The owner is first given a written or verbal warning.  
  • If this does not resolve the problem, a ticket may be issued.
  • For a ticket to be issued, the ordinance requires two witnesses from separate households to be willing to testify to the specific complaint.

If you would like to request a form letter, a brochure on barking dogs or to file a barking dog complaint please submit a service request or call Animal Control at 720-898-6850.