Service level selection has begun
The City of Arvada, in partnership with our contracted hauling company, Republic Services, is working to launch the new Residential Waste and Recycling Collection program. While collection under the new program will not begin until July 2021, here is what residents can expect over the coming months:
- Beginning in March, residents who are eligible to participate in the City’s Residential Waste and Recycling Collection program will start receiving service level selection postcards.
- The postcards are being mailed in batches between March 2 and March 18, 2021.
- The postcard will give details about how to respond by phone, website and mail.
- Each household will be able to select from three waste cart sizes or choose the minimum level of service and use a different waste hauling service.
- If you do not reply to the service level selection postcard, you will receive Level 3 service (95 gallon waste cart and 95 gallon recycling cart) in June 2021.
- Households have begun receiving selection postcards. The selection window is open until April 16, 2021.
- In June, carts will arrive at participating households.
- In July, pick up service will begin.
- In September, waste collection fees (or a minimum service fee) will be included in water utility bills.
2021 Monthly Fees
- $19.76 for a 95 gallon cart + 95 gallon recycling cart
- $15.63 for a 65 gallon cart + 95 gallon recycling cart
- $11.50 for a 35 gallon cart + 95 gallon recycling cart
- $5.13 for minimum service (no carts, choose your own hauler)
Additional Cart Fees:
- $3.00 per month for an additional recycling cart
- $4.15 for an additional trash cart
- $3.50 per tag for occasional additional trash bags
Who is eligible to participate
Single-family homes, duplexes and townhomes (including housing with fewer than 8 multi-family units) in neighborhoods that DO NOT have organized waste collection.
Apartment and condominium complexes with eight or more units and commercial properties are exempt. Homeowners associations (HOAs) that already contract with a waste hauler are not required to participate in the program; however, they may opt in. All HOAs will pay an 88 cent fee (per home, per month) and be included in the bulky item and yard debris services.
If you would like more information about the history of this program, please visit the Waste Hauling History page where we have archived materials from prior to City Council's vote to approve this program.
Waste Hauling Hotline, 720-898-7575